Description: T3/T2/T1 Factory Preload
Note: This is the preload for T2 and T3. It can also be used to re-load a T1, T2ex and T3ex but there will be no Piano PCM data and the program sound stored at B:01 will be slightly different to the original preload for the T1, T2ex and T3ex.
Before you begin please note : This reload procedure will replace the contents of your T3/T2/T1’s memory. If you have any valuable data stored in your T3/T2/T1, please save it via Midi to a Midi back-up device before continuing.
You will need WinZip(tm) or a similar program to unzip the archived download file.
After un-zipping the zipped file you should have two files:
Both files contain the same T3/T2/T1 preload data but are in different formats.
The file t2t3pl.mid is a Standard Midi File that can be loaded into most modern hardware and computer based midi sequencers (you can load it into Windows Media Player as well) Once loaded into a sequencer it can be played out via Midi to the T3/T2/T1 just like playing a song.
The file t2t3pl.syx is MIDEX format and contains the raw Midi system exclusive data (Starts F0 and ends F7). This type of file can be loaded directly into Cakewalk on the PC as well as some shareware Midi librarian programs such as Software Forge Sysex Manager 95.
Note: Korg system exclusive is channel sensitive and therefore this preload data is saved using Midi channel 1. Please ensure you set the receiving M1 to Midi channel 1.
To reload the T3/T2/T1
1. Connect the MIDI OUT socket from your PC/sequencer to the MIDI IN socket on the T3/T2/T1.
2. Switch on the T3/T2/T1 and set the basic MIDI channel to 1 (Global Midi Channel) and ensure that SYS-EX RECEIVE is enabled. (if you fail to do this, the reload procedure will not work!
3. Load the reload file into your PC/sequencer (t2t3pl.mid or t2t3pl.syx) and transmit it to the T3/T2/T1.
4. When all data has been transmitted switch off the T3/T2/T1, then switch it back on again and check that the first combi sound is I00: Cosmic Rain.
5. You should find that all factory sounds and demos have now been restored.
Head: F0 42 30 26 50 00 5D 40 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 00